Faster Tracking Algorithm Released
Posted on: October 13th, 2016
New software release 188.8.131.52 includes:
N E W F E A T U R E S:
Increased speed of tracking operations.
- Maximum speed increase (up to 3-4 times) is achieved at high-performance video cards for projects recorded with 1 or 2 Kinect sensors.
- For 4 or more Sony PS3 Eye cameras speed gain is lower and can reach 10 – 50% depending on particular tracking options and hardware configuration.
- For slow video cards speed increase is substantially lower.
- For projects recorded with many cameras tracking speed can even be lower compared to previous version on particular hardware configurations. You have the option to use the old tracking algorithm then (you can select this option in Advanced Tracking Settings section of the Tracking tab)
- For multiple GPU configuration the new algorithm will be used if number of cameras / sensors is not more than 4 (in this case only the primary GPU is used). In most cases this will still be faster than using multiple GPUs with the old tracking algorithm. For more than 4 cameras the old algorithm on multiple GPUs will be used, as a faster option.