Faster Tracking / Export Enhancements Release
New software release 184.108.40.206 includes:
N E W F E A T U R E S:
- New fast tracking algorithm for depth sensors (BETA version). To use it, turn on Use fast tracking algorithm (BETA) checkbox on Tracking tab.
- Tracking speed increase is up to 2.5 times depending on particular hardware and tracking options.
- Available for single-actor projects, and single-GPU configurations.
Tip: If you use 2 GPUs for tracking, you need to turn it off by unchecking second GPU via Help > Manage GPU Usage menu.
- Improvements in animation export.
- New control on Export tab to rotate imported characters into proper orientation. This is useful for many popular characters, including standard Unreal Engine character.
- The motion is now correctly transferred to imported characters with separate Root bone and Hips/Pelvis bone. You can map hips motion either to Root or to Hips/Pelvis. This is useful for game engine characters, including standard Unity 3D Engine and Unreal Engine characters.
- Support for FBX format 7.5 (2016)
- Added finger bones to motion transfer profile for Valve characters in SMD and DMX formats.
Note: Built-in rig for Blender has been removed, because there is no need in change of axes orientation for modern versions of Blender.
- Allow to select flashlight color for marker detection during calibration (useful in case of light background).
- Added hints about GPUs to progress bar area during tracking.
- Showing dialog with common actions available for the exported file after animation export and video export operations.
B U G F I X E S:
- Program crashed in case of window resizing during video export.
- Program crashed on certain errors when opening target character and animations. Now errors are reported.
- Automation Add-on could hang in rare cases during events sending.
- Fixed GPU memory leaks on project open / close operations and during calibration.
U N D E R T H E H O O D:
- Improved automatic floor detection both for RGB cameras and depth sensors
- Replaced viewport repaint on every frame during tracking / refine / jitter removal to repaint by timer. May lead to slight speed increase on powerful GPUs.
- Improved tracking / refine / jitter removal speed calcualtion and changed formatting for speed values.
- Using FBX SDK 2017.1 for handling FBX files.
- Fixed speed degradation issue during calibration using board for depth projects.
- For multiple GPU configuration the old tracking algorithm is set to be used in case number of cameras is over 6. In most cases this is faster than using default tracking on single GPU.